Monday, May 25, 2009

Spotlight Lollapalooza: Rye Rye

Rye Rye is an up and coming rapper straight out of Baltimore. She is young and has a fresh sound that is very hardcore and upbeat. I first came across her music while I was in line at American Apparel with my friend Kareem. Kareem was bopping his head to the beat and the guy behind the register asked if he liked Rye Rye.  Kareem (and myself included) had no idea who she was but I went and checked her out that night and it was love at first listen. Rye Rye was discovered by MIA, is one of the first artists on MIA's new record label N.E.E.T, and even collaborates with her on the track "Bang" (which was featured in the new movie Fast and Furious). Rye Rye will be performing at Perry's Tent and I hope that I will be able to catch her show. With so many unbelievable acts performing at Lollapalooza, I'm going to have to pick and choose carefully which artists to check out, which ones I can miss, and which might be performing in the DC area in the near future. Check out Rye Rye below:





Some more by Rye Rye

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bringing you the best DC has to offer. Ch-Ch-Check it.

Followers