Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spotlight Lollapalooza: Lykke Li

While I'm still on my high from viewing the daily lineup for this years Lollapalooza, I decided it has been too long since my last Spotlight Lollapalooza post. Today's artist is Lykke Li. Hailing from Sweden, this young lady has a sound all her own; mixing pop, electronic, and unique vocals. I had the chance to go see her at the 6th and I Synagogue several months ago but blew it big time by not going. Like many from Sweden, her sound is quite unique but definitely Swedish (if that makes sense at all). Think of other Swedish female artists ala Robyn, Those Dancing Days, etc and Lykke Li fits right in there. Her beats are infectious and her vocals are soft yet strong. She is one of the artists who are playing at the same time as another artist I want to see (in this case TV on the Radio). She has collaborated with many top artists including Robyn, NASA ft Santigold and Kanye, Bon Iver, Kleerup, and any array of Swedish musicians. Check out Lykke Li below:


Lykke Li on Myspace

N.A.S.A. Feat. Kanye West, Santogold & Lykke Li - Gifted
Lykke Li vs Kings Of Leon - Knocked Up (DEATH TO THE THRONE REMIX)
Lykke Li - Tonight
Lykke Li - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (vampire weekend cover)






No comments:

Post a Comment


Bringing you the best DC has to offer. Ch-Ch-Check it.

Followers