Friday, August 14, 2009

Bat for Lashes: 930 Club 8/15

I thought I would begin my Lollapalooza review with Bat for Lashes since Natasha Khan and her mystic band are playing at the 930 Club tomorrow night, Saturday 8/15. The show begins at 8pm and tickets are only $15! If I had not just seen her I would go (and depending on my plans for tomorrow night, I still might). Anyway, Bat for Lashes played at my favorite stage at Lollapalooza, the vitaminwater stage (Crystal Castels, Dan Deacon, Animal Collective, Cold War Kids, Of Montreal, and Miike Snow also played at this stage).

Bat for Lashes is spearheaded by Natasha Khan. Her and her band play dark, mystic, and earthy tunes that are both intense and aetherial at the same time. During her amazing set at Lollapalooza, she used a multitude of instruments and wore a crazy sequened leotard too boot. I didn't really know much about Bat for Lashes before so it's hard to really comment on her performance but all in all it was a wonderful, trippy, and an intense experience. One thing I did really appreciated and respect was when she spoke so highly of the United States; the people, the landscape, and the vast, unique spance that is our country and how it truly has inspired her and shaped her sound (even though she's not even from the United States). Since that performance, I have downloaded a ton of her stuff and will undoubtedly become a big fan of hers. I would highly recommend going to her show at the 930 Club tomorrow night. Check out Bat for Lashes below:

Bat for Lashes on Myspace





No comments:

Post a Comment


Bringing you the best DC has to offer. Ch-Ch-Check it.

Followers